Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Our Journey Has Just Begun~

The date was April 10th, 2011, and I had taken Scott out on a much-needed, surprise dinner date.  We ate at the best Italian restaurant in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Tutti Santi.  Connor and Hayden were hanging out at home with our dear friend, Neda. 

About half way thru dinner, the topic of adopting a little girl came up.  I had been thinking about this for quite awhile now.  With all of our infertility problems, we had briefly looked into adoption several years ago.  More recently, family friends of ours were in Taiwan bringing their little boy home.  I was following their blog each day, and as I read their story, I knew in my heart that is was the path we were going to take to bring home our little girl!

Well, as it turns out, Scott was in agreement!  I couldn't believe it.  Here we are, with two adorable little boys, and we were going to ~ one day ~ have a little girl to raise.  Even though I knew the wait would be years, my mind was racing just thinking about "gotcha day."

No comments:

Post a Comment