Saturday, July 19, 2014

Sophie's First Babysitter~

Tonight Scott took the boys out to dinner and to see the new movie Planes, Fire and Rescue. I had to work. So, that means Sophie had her first babysitter, and she was alone- without her brothers. Our sweet friend, Nadine, from the kids preschool, came over to watch Sophie. She also brought along a little friend, Piper. Nadine is so great. She has what she calls her " Mary Poppins bag of goodies. " The last time she was here with the boys, she put the boys in front of our easel, turned the lights off, shined her phone flashlight against the easel and sketched the boys silhouette. I mean, how cool?!

So although I was happy Nadine was coming, I was nervous as to how well Sophie would do. Nadine arrived at 4pm, just after Sophie got up from her nap. Scott and the boys stayed until Sophie more awake, until about 4:30pm.  Meanwhile, I am in my office at home, listening for her to start crying, throwing a fit, screaming....you name it. But, all was quiet. I heard giggles, I heard them playing, I heard her running on the tile and laughing! Yesssssss, music to my ears ;)

Sophie has been seeing Nadine at school ever since she came home. Most days when we drop off or pick the boys up, Nadine is there. Recently, Sophie has been saying bye-bye to Nadine. So, I was pretty sure that Nadine's familiar sweet face and comforting ways would soothe Sophie being left alone with her. Yep, they were a good match for the night. Nadine even brought Sophie a gift and a pink ball to play with....that's just how sweet Nadine is!

Here are a few pictures of the night. Look at these smiles ;) Thank you, Nadine, for making our little girl so happy and feel so loved tonight! Xoxo








As you can see, Sophie LOVED having Nadine here tonight! Another successful "first!" Thanking God and counting our blessings...

No comments:

Post a Comment