Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Goin' to the Grocery Store~

 A few weeks ago, Sophie's foster mom shared with us ( through our agency, as we do not have any contact with her foster family ) that she LOVES going to the grocery store.  I thought this was such a sweet insight to Sophie.  After I read that, I began to wonder...." Does she like to see all the colors of different food? Does she like the smell of the spices they use in China in daily cooking? Or maybe, just maybe, she likes picking out her favorite foods! "  Her foster mom said that Sophie's favorite snacks are buns, crackers and cookies....me too, the more carbs the better!

When we visit and travel to get Sophie, I will remember to take lots of pictures of the grocery stores there. The aisles, the colorful food, the writing on the labels.  I will get pictures of her shopping with us, and can't wait for her to pick out some of her favorite snacks!

This love of hers also makes me realize how lucky we are that she is in a foster home, and not living at the orphanage.  Although her orphanage is very nice and well funded, from what I have been told, Sophie gets to experience family life, normal living, going to the grocery store.  I will always be grateful that Sophie has experienced and knows what family life is like before her time with us.

I know that one day soon, Sophie will share the love of cooking with me and her brothers.  Both Connor and Hayden have always loved being in the kitchen cooking with me.  If she loves the grocery store, I know she is going to love helping us cook and bake!  Can't wait for this moment ;)


( The boys and I baking, 2012 )

No comments:

Post a Comment