Saturday, April 26, 2014

Reflection~

I am sitting here in our hotel room, alone. Scott is out on the street finding lunch.  I stayed back to clean up the room, fluff Sophie's new bed and get out all her toys.  We got her a Hello Kitty balloon at the market this morning that is floating around in the room.  All is quiet.  

I am taking this last bit of quiet time to think about Sophie, leaving all she has known. I am sure her heart is breaking, as she has now left her foster mom and sister. She is currently traveling here from Longyan or Xiamen with orphanage staff she does not know. She is leaving life as she has always known it. Breaks my heart. * tears *

I am praying that God will soothe her and prepare her heart for meeting us in about 2 hours. I hope that she accepts us, however, I am ready for lots of crying and not wanting to be held.  I have lots of stuff to distract her~ puffs, yogurt melts, M&M's, Dum-Dum's, apple juice, formula for a bottle, Gerber food pouches, a toy camera that makes noise, a lovie and a blanket. We have been told many, many times that she does not like strangers...thus we need lots to distract her, lots.

Please send your prayers and love to her to ensure a smooth transition.  Scott and I are more than ready for her.  The wait is almost over!  We can't wait to Skype with Connor and Hayden tonight so they can meet their new baby sister!

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you and praying you are all sleeping peacefully right now!

    ReplyDelete