Friday, February 20, 2015

Our Chinese New Year~



Sophie woke up early to get ready for school. I told her "Happy Chinese New Year," and in her sweet morning voice, she repeated it to me. What a cute girl! I asked her if she wanted Chinese food for dinner and she told me she wanted chicken, broccoli and rice...and that's what she got!

At school, her teachers, Ms. Jasmin and Ms. Bri, read two of Sophie's CNY books to the class ~ The Year of the Sheep and My First Chinese New Year. I had made some sugar cookies with red sprinkles for a special snack and they kids colored CNY pictures during art time. So fun that they celebrated Sophie's Chinese culture! The teachers said this was super fun for her....and to top off the day, Sophie was promoted to Room 5, the big girl room, as she calls it ;)

Once we all got home, we ate our Chinese dinner. Everyone had to use chopsticks for dinner, which was challenging to some of us!






After dinner, we played a game that Tiffany told me about. We each got 3 big marshmallows. The game was to see who could pick up the marshmallows with their chopsticks and put them in the bowl first...it was a race! After some big winning celebrations, and some crying because we aren't so great at using chopsticks, I think we all had a lot of fun!








Once this game was done, the boys bet each other they couldn't pick up all 3 at once. Sophie was determined to do it...she said, " Momma, look, I did it!"



Next, we all got our Red Envelopes with an Ancient Chinese coin and Sophie got a gift we brought home from China for her. She got a dainty light pink pearl bracelet. It looks so pretty on her little arm!







Finally, our night ended with some fireworks that Scott had bought for the night. Hudson and Addison came over, they all did tons of sparklers and Scott had a few that he lit in the street. Overall, I would say this was a really fun way to start off The Year of the Sheep! Baaaaa




No comments:

Post a Comment