Friday, March 20, 2015

Late Night Chat~

Last night, Sophie did not want to go to sleep. It didn't matter what I did, nothing was working. Not rocking, humming lullaby's, or reading books. It got to be about 9:30pm, and since she sleeps in a twin bed, I asked her if she wanted to lay down with me. She jumped at the chance, literally!

In Sophie's room, my mom and I put up a huge wall mural of a tree, with leaves "blowing" across the wall. It turned out great, I love it! Here it is...



So, there we are lying in her bed, and she looks over at me and says, "Momma, I love that tree. It is so beautiful!" *Pause* "Momma, you are so beautiful!" Melt.My.Heart. This girl is not yet 2.5 years old, and she thinks to say these things?! So, I look up at her and she is smiling so big, and I tell her, "Sophie, you are momma's beautiful girl!"

She nodded, put her tiny arms around my neck, and hugged me for what seemed like an hour. Could she be an old soul? She sure does seem wiser than her age ;) She warms my heart, and I feel so lucky God chose me to be her momma.


No comments:

Post a Comment