Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Remember to Check the "Other" Message Box~

About 3 weeks ago, I was going thru my messages on Facebook, when I saw the "other" tab to click on. This is where messages go when they are written to you from someone other than your approved Facebook friends. I have NEVER clicked on this button in the 5 years I have been on Facebook. Until now...something told me to check the 8 messages I had waiting for me.

The first message was from a lady named Claire. She wrote to me in March 2014, one month prior to our Gotcha Day. She asked if I was the Emily Elderworth adopting from China, and if so, she had met our daughter. She asked if this was me to contact her, as she didn't want to post anymore info not knowing for sure if this was me.

So, almost 5 months later, I wrote her back! I told her that yes, it was me!! Turns out, she had taken her twin daughters, also adopted from China, back to see their foster family...Sophie's foster family. She met Sophie and she has pictures and video to send me. What a blessing!

Claire wrote: "Emily, I can say hand on heart that they do love the children in their care. Her foster mother was so kind and gentle with her. She held her and comforted her. Our daughters were so well loved and cared for. The home is clean and well maintained and they could not be more loving."

What a great message! To know your child was so loved and well taken care of before she came to us is such a good feeling. I know one day Sophie will love to hear this. And I pray that one day, we too, can reunite our daughter with her foster family.

No comments:

Post a Comment